(According to GDPR – GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION)
XCAV8 Ltd. are committed to protecting our customer’s privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information.
This Policy sets out the following:
- What personal data we collect and process about you in connection with your relationship with us as a Customer or Supplier and through your use of our website and online services;
- Where we obtain the data from;
- What we do with that data;
- How we store the data;
- Who we transfer/disclose that data to;
- How we deal with your data protection rights;
- How we comply with the data protection rules.
What personal data we collect
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, contact details, payment details and information about your access to our website. We may collect personal data from you when you register on our website, request or make a quote, participate in a survey or competition or when you contact us.
Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card or other payment details;
- Information about your purchases of products and services;
- Information about your use of our website;
- The communications you exchange with us or direct to us via letters, emails, calls, and social media;
- Location, including real-time geographic location of your computer or your IP Address.
What do we use your personal data for, why and for how long
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing products and services you request: we use the information you give us to perform the services you have asked for;
- Contacting you to receive a feed-back about our quote, product or service.
- Credit card or other payment data: we use your payment information for accounting, billing and audit purposes;
- Administrative or legal purposes: we use your data for statistical and marketing analysis, systems testing, customer surveys, maintenance and development or in order to deal with a dispute or claim;
- Customer Services communications: we use your data to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and enhance your experience with us;
Only people aged 16 or over can provide their own consent. For children under this age, consent of the children’s’ parents or legal guardians is required.
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
We must also consider periods for which we might need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations or to deal with complaints, queries and to protect our legal rights in the event of a claim being made. When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimize over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
You should also be aware that when you visit our websites, we collect certain information that does not identify you personally, but provides us with “usage data,” such as the number of visitors we receive or what pages are visited most often. This data helps us to analyse and improve the usefulness of the information we provide at these websites.
Similar to other commercial websites, our Website uses a technology called “cookies” and web server logs to collect information about how our Website is used. A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies
Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the websites visited just before and just after our website.
Cookies, in conjunction with our web server’s log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our Website and which parts of the website are most popular. This helps us gather feedback so that we can improve our Website and better serve our customers. Cookies do not allow us to gather any personal Information about you and we do not generally store any personal Information that you provided to us in your cookies.
We use ‘session’ cookies which enable you to carry information across pages of the Website and avoid having to re-enter information. Session cookies enable us to compile statistics that help us to understand how the Website is being used and to improve its structure.
We also use ‘persistent’ cookies which remain in the cookies file of your browser for longer and help us to recognise you as a unique visitor to the Website, tailoring the content of certain areas of the Website to offer you content that match your preferred interests.
Sharing your personal data
- Trusted service providers we are using to run our business such as forwarder and express couriers, cloud service and e-mail marketing service providers assisting our marketing team with running customer surveys and providing targeted marketing campaigns;
- Credit card companies which facilitate your payments to us, and anti-fraud screening, which may need information about your method of payment.
- Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in all countries we operate in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you;
Your Data Protection Rights
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request transfer commonly known as a right to “data portability” enables you to take your data from us and transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please contact email@example.com
XCAV8 Ltd. Unit H2 Merrywell Business Park, Lower Ballymount Road, Dublin 12 is the “data
controller” of all personal information that is collected and used about XCAV8 Ltd. Customers and